Arriving in Moldova
Arriving in Moldova
✅ Simplified crossing procedure for persons with disabilities of groups I and II:
1. During a state of emergency or martial law, persons with disabilities of groups I and II, regardless of age, may cross the state border of Ukraine in the presence of one of the following documents:
– references to the act of inspection by the medical and social expert commission
– a certificate confirming the relevant status, a pension certificate or a certificate confirming the appointment of social assistance in accordance with the laws of Ukraine
– certificates for benefits to persons with disabilities who are not entitled to a pension or social assistance
2. Together with each person with disabilities of groups I and II, who needs constant care, it is allowed to cross the border to one of the family members of the first degree of kinship, who has reached 18 years of age, or another person who has reached 18 years of age care in accordance with the law.
Document for such a person: certificate, certificate of compensation (benefits, allowances) for care.
3. A person with a disability who has been declared incapacitated or has limited legal capacity may be accompanied by one guardian, trustee or family member of the first degree of kinship who has reached the age of 18.
a) for adults – a national identity document (identity card / identity card), an ordinary passport;
b) for minors – a birth certificate/certificate confirming the birth of a child issued by a medical institution, a national identity document (identity card/identity card), an ordinary passport. When crossing the border, children who have no documents on them, but accompanied by their parents, are authorized to cross the border after having completed the formalities with the General Inspectorate of the Border Police.
When crossing the border, children who have no documents on them, but accompanied by their parents, are authorized to cross the border after having completed the formalities with the General Inspectorate of the Border Police.
Border authorities allow unaccompanied children to cross the border, as well as children accompanied by adults who are not family members of the minor.
When crossing the state border from the Moldovan side, a power of attorney (declaration of consent) is not required for minor children if they are accompanied by only one parent.
Yes. Foreign citizens arriving from Ukraine are exempt from the requirement to have an entry visa, which under normal circumstances would be required.
Refugees from Ukraine have the right to enter the Republic of Moldova with pets without presenting veterinary certificates or passports.
No vaccination certificate or test required.
Yes, but the driver is required to take out mandatory liability insurance for damage caused by motor vehicles within 24 hours from the moment of crossing the national border. The sticker requirement has been suspended for the duration of the state of emergency. You can buy insurance here for example.
Those who pass through Moldova in transit (less than 24 hours) do not need to purchase a Green Card and must take out border insurance already at the border with Romania. The border insurance concluded in Romania is valid in all states of the European Economic Area and in Switzerland and is valid for 30 days.